KWTX's Christy Soto reported that a family in Moody has been displaced after a fire engulfed their house early Monday morning.

Several fire departments banded together to take down the inferno that occurred around 2:00 a.m. on Stampede Road in Moody. Fortunately, the family was awoken by the smell of smoke and got themselves out of danger, but firefighters at the scene had to rescue the family dog out of harm's way.

Moody, Morgan's Point, Moffat, and Bruceville Eddy Fire Departments were all on the scene battling the flames.

Scott Benson, Moffat Fire Chief said, "They had to remove the metal roof by hand so they could continue to put out hot spots."

The fire crews took around three hours to extinguish the blaze, and Temple emergency crews arrived on the scene with necessities for the displaced family.

McClane Children's Scott and White Medical Center donated a new car seat, clothes, and blanket for a baby that was among the displaced family members.

It's still unclear how exactly the fire started.