An early morning fire in Killeen caused a few street closures off of W. Veterans Memorial around 6 am today.

Crews responded to A-Plus Automotive at W Veterans and South Park Street in Killeen and at the same time, blocked off W Avenue G and North Park Street. Thick heavy smoke was pouring out of the business when crews arrived.

Firefighters think the cause of the fire was an explosion that involved an oil-powered heater inside the business. This fire serves as a chance to remind business owners that it is against code to keep any type of heater plugged in. Chelsea Edwards with KWTX reports the KFD says lots of business owners are not aware of this or simply forget.

No one was injured as a result of the fire.