Killeen Utility Provider Asks Residents to Reduce Electricity Use Today
Killeen utility provider Frontier Utilities has issued a press release asking customers to reduce their electrical use this afternoon.
The company sent out a notification to customers on Monday afternoon describing a peak event taking place this afternoon in the extreme heat. Residents to use Frontier Utilities are asked to take the following steps this afternoon to conserve power.
- Turn thermostat up 2 to 3 degrees during the peak hours of 2 to 7 p.m.
- Set programmable thermostats to higher temperatures when no one is home.
- If home, use fans to feel 4 to 6 degrees cooler.
- Schedule pool pumps to run in the early morning or overnight hours; shut off between 4 and 6 p.m.
- Limit the use of large appliances (dishwasher, washer, dryer, etc.) to morning or after 7 p.m.
- If you cook indoors from 2 to 7 p.m., use a microwave or slow cooker.
- Close blinds and drapes during the late afternoon.
Residents and businesses are asked to reduce their utility usage between the hours of 2 PM to 7 PM in order to prevent electrical emergencies or rotating outages that could be put in place to protect the grid today. Customers with questions should contact 1-877-437-7442 for assistance.