Belton ISD Sees Positive COVID-19 Test
Belton ISD sent an email to parents last week about a positive COVID-19 test within the district. The email did not specify whether it was a student, teacher, or staff member.
The email was addressed to parents and stated that the district was informed of a "lab confirmed COVID-19 case at one of the campuses."
The email also said that the person would be following all protocols before returning to school:
- at least 24 hours have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications);
- and the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath);
- and at least ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared;
The email also reminded parents to:
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Take your child’s temperature daily if you are able.
- If your child is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider or call 411.
- Contact the names listed below for any questions or concerns.
The district is taking measures to keep students and staff safe as well. They plan to carry out extra cleaning in all Belton ISD facilities and conduct daily screenings and surveillance to help them identify anyone who may be showing symptoms while at school.
It's not going to be easy, but it looks like Belton ISD is trying to make sure students and their teachers can enjoy a safe learning environment in perhaps the most challenging time in decades.