Free Legal Aid for Central Texas Military, Veterans Coming Soon to Killeen
Last month, we teamed up with Operation Phantom Support for Toys for Troops, and now this fantastic Central Texas organization is once again trying to do right by our active duty military and veterans.
OPS has partnered with Lone Star Legal Aid to provide free legal advice or counsel to troops and former troops in need.
Every fourth Monday of the month, you can stop by Operation Phantom Support at 401 N 8th Street in Killeen from 10 AM to Noon to talk to the folks at Texas Legal Aid about:
- Family - Divorce, child custody, adoption, protective orders
- Housing - home ownership, landlord-tenant, home repairs
- Employment - job termination, wage claims
- Health - Medicaid, Medicare, Nursing homes, community based asst.
- Consumer - contract claims, debt collection, credit card payments
- Education - special needs education
- Soical Security Disability - SSI, SSD
- Food Stamps, TANF or other public benefit issues
If you have any other legal questions they can't answer, they can likely point you in the right direction.
The next three events happen January 24, February 28, March 28, so mark your calendars. If you'd like to make an appointment, contact Operation Phantom Support at (844) 458-4208.