The Texas heat is so crazy right now that it caused tortilla chips at an Austin factory to spontaneously combust.

The Austin Fire Department reported on Facebook that crews were called to the factory on Trade Center Drive on July 12. They learned that the factory had been experimenting with a new way of handling waste from the chip manufacturing process, and that boxes containing excess chip material had burst into flames.

Fortunately, the fire was contained to an outside area and quickly extinguished.

However, fire crews were called out three days later for the same issue. Firefighters decided to blast boxes that had not yet caught fire with water to ensure they wouldn't have to make a third trip.

We've dipped in salsa that made it feel like the chips were on fire, but this is just ridiculous!